What You Should Know About Attending Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Deland, Florida
Do you, or someone you know, struggle with a substance use disorder (SUD) or addiction? Have you been struggling with the condition for years, but have finally decided you have had enough, that it is time you focus on you again and get some professional help? We are glad you have decided to take this step! Addiction is a complex, chronic brain disease that can permeate every aspect of your life, changing it beyond recognition. But, with the help of a well-rounded professional medical team, you can learn new coping skills to help you beat the disease and stay sober long-term.
Now that you have decided it’s time to get some professional help, the next order of business will be in finding and getting started in the right drug and alcohol rehab center for you. So, what about Deland, Florida? And, how can you tell which drug and alcohol rehab facility is just right for you?
The Specifics of Deland, Florida
Located about 45 minutes south of Crescent City, Florida and about an 1hour 40 minutes from Jacksonville, FL, Deland, Florida sports all the best qualities of the Sunshine State and its impeccable weather. Surrounded by a plethora of different lakes, water systems and the St. John’s River, Deland, FL is surrounded by both natural beauty and family friendly activity in the heart of Central Florida. From museums to art programs, adventure parks to nature preserves, seasonal festivals to year round experiences and activities, Deland has something to offer everyone.
That includes you and your loved ones working through recovery. Founded in 1876, Deland, FL is commonly known by its nickname The Athens of Florida. The vibrant city sports some of the Sunshine State’s best features, serving visitors and locals with year-round warm weather and the opportunity to engage in both indoor and outdoor activities comfortably, 365 days a year. The locals are warm, friendly, and helpful, the city itself filled with sober friendly activities for both introverted and extroverted individuals, of all different ages, interests, and genders. And with the city situated between Orland, Daytona and not far from Jacksonville and Crescent City, Deland, FL can be the perfect place for both local and out-of-state addiction recovery clients to seek treatment in.
Picking the Right Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility for You
So, you may be wondering, “what’s so great about Deland, FL and the surrounding area, that I should check it out for my rehab treatment? Aren’t all drug and alcohol rehab facilities the same?” Yes and no. There are thousands of addiction treatment rehab facilities located across the nation, and oftentimes they do share many similarities and offer clients the same types of treatment therapies and experiences, but there is no one rehabilitation center that looks, works, or operates exactly like another. Each family has its own special characteristics that set it apart from others, some facilities may specialize in treating specific populations of people (like LGBTQ members, Spanish speakers, adolescents, etc.), some facilities are located in more remote locations, other facilities may only offer traditional therapy treatment options…the list can go on and on.
There are many different drug and alcohol treatment facilities located in the Sunshine State, but even though they may share the same health and activity benefits that come with the extra sunshine rays and warm weather, not every addiction rehab center located in Florida is made the same either. So, what does this mean then? Simply that you’ll have to do some research before you enroll in a drug and alcohol rehab program. But, how do you conduct research when you aren’t feeling your best? Where do you even begin? Do not fret! We are here to help!
To start your search for the perfect drug and alcohol rehab center for you, you’ll want to begin your research by talking with your primary care doctor / physician. Talking to your doctor about your condition will help you narrow down your search parameters. Your physician will be able to make recommendations on treatment therapies she or he thinks you should try, based on your condition and your overall current and past health situation. After speaking to your physician and narrowing down your initial search parameters, you’ll want to then ask yourself–and the rehab centers you are interested in–a series of questions, including:
- Will the rehab center you are interested in accept your insurance?
- Does the facility you are looking into provide you with access to try the therapy programs you are interested in?
- Do you want to stay close to home during rehab?
- Do you want to go far away for rehab?
- What do you expect to gain from rehab?
- What does the treatment facility expect of you?
- Does the rehab center tailor its treatments to the individual?
- How long do you wish to work with the facility?
- Is the facility in a location you think will be conducive to your own healing?
Every individual person has a set of different basic needs, not including those that are essential to general physical life. Some individuals thrive in the cold, some thrive in the heat. Some people rather be close to the water, while others choose to avoid it and still other people can handle copious amounts of physical pain, while others have a low tolerance for it. None of these things are bad, it just means that you must take the proper amount of time to consider yourself, your medical needs and what you can / cannot handle. Not every drug and alcohol rehab center / program are made equally, even though they may share similar qualities, they may handle similar situations and circumstances very differently. When you choose to enroll in an addiction rehab program, you want to make sure it is a place you can see yourself learning and growing in for an extended amount of time.
Addiction treatment is not easy, it challenges you physically, mentally and emotionally, so you want to be sure that the place you choose to undergo treatment can also provide you with opportunities to relax and recharge, so that you stay motivated to continue your recovery journey. Enrolling in an addiction recovery program in or around Deland, Florida may not be the right choice for everyone. But, if you are from out-of-state, looking to gain the benefits the added sunshine, or if you live in the surrounding area and want to attend an addiction program that is somewhat close to home, Saint John’s Recovery Place (SJRP), located near to Deland, FL may be just the right rehab center for you.
About Saint John’s Recovery Place (SJRP)’s Addiction Recovery Center
Yes, there are thousands of addiction rehab centers that exist across the nation and in the state of Florida. And yes, not all of them are created equal. So, what makes SJRP stand out from the rest? Here at Saint John’s Recovery Place (SJRP), we care deeply about you as an individual and your personal recovery. Our state-of-the are facility, located in Crescent City, Florida, is gently nestled on 9 acres of luscious green scenery, settled quietly away from the distractions of the outside world, but close enough for outpatient clients to find plenty of sober friendly activities to participate in and try; the perfect rehabilitation setting!
The SJRP staff team is a highly trained, passionate group of professionals, dedicated to seeing you succeed in all your treatment goals. Our facility works diligently to provide treatment services and help to as many people as we can, accepting all types of people, insurance plans, genders, backgrounds, and cultures. Every year, we welcome people from all over the state and from across the nation, all looking to participate in a quality addiction treatment program that puts them and their needs at the center. Here at Saint John’s Recovery Place we offer a variety of different traditional and alternative / complementary addiction treatment programs, therapies and services–all of which have been scientifically proven to help treat individuals sufferers from SUDs–including:
If you are looking to enroll yourself, or a loved one, into an addiction rehab program that puts you and your specific needs at the center of your own individualized treatment program, SJRP may be the right drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility for you. Our treatment center and staff are versatile, professional, qualified, compassionate, and together provide an excellent atmosphere to promote overall healing. We work to support you through every success and set back you have during treatment, encouraging you to keep working for the goals you set for yourself when you began your recovery journey.
Addiction and recovery can be rough. But with dedication, persistence and understanding, you can overcome this disease and regain control over your life. Attending addiction rehab in or near Deland, Florida can help give you that extra motivation you need, in order to continue working towards achieving sustainable sobriety. Here at Saint John’s Recovery Place, we recognize the struggles of addiction, treatment and the personal hardships you have faced to get this far. We want to do all that we can to help you succeed, cheering you on every step of the way through recovery. We do this by providing you the opportunity to engage in our multitude of different inpatient and outpatient treatment program plans, all designed to place you and your needs at the center of treatment.
The Benefits of Attending Addiction Rehab in Deland, Florida
Substance abuse disorders and addiction can cause much financial, social, mental health, physical health, and emotional difficulty. If you or a loved one struggles with an SUD, you are probably more than aware of the hardships that can accompany addictive conditions. Luckily, you have treatment options available to you across the country. Many drug and alcohol rehab centers operate in similar ways, but addiction treatment in Deland, Florida has many added benefits due to the impeccable weather of the Sunshine State. Some of the greatest, most well-known benefits of attending drug and alcohol rehab in or around Deland, Florida include:
- The ability to spend time outdoors year round
- The friendly, supportive people
- The endless opportunities to go fishing
- The ability to encounter new, exotic, and exciting wildlife
- The opportunity to experience new things, both indoors and outdoors year round
- The countless nature / hiking opportunities
- The warm weather
- The chance to come up close and personal with new cultures and try new foods
Drug and alcohol addiction rehab and recovery can also be unpleasant at times, but also provides you with the opportunity to achieve great success and happiness. Here at SJRP we understand the difficult situation you are in. We want to be here to help you heal, cheering you on through every step of your recovery journey. Don’t wait another day to begin your recovery journey and addiction treatment. Call us today at 1-833-397-3422 to learn more about us, and your first steps to starting drug and alcohol rehabilitation at our recovery center.
- Discover Deland. About Deland. (Accessed 2020, December 3).
- Visit Florida. Deland. (Accessed 2020, December 3).
- NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse: Advancing Addiction Science. Publications. Media Guide. The Science of Drug Use and Addiction: The Basics. (2018, July). (2020, December 2).
- NIH: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Treatment for Alcohol Problems: Finding and Getting Help. (2014). (2020, December 2).
- NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse: Advancing Addiction Science. Publications. Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide (Third Edition). Principles of Effective Treatment. (2018, January). (2020, December 2).
- South Florida. The Sun Sentinel. How Does South Florida’s Warm Climate Affect Your Health? (2011, January 21). (2020, December 2).
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health. (Accessed 2020, December 2).
- NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse: Advancing Addiction Science. Publications. Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide (Third Edition). Types of Treatment Programs. (2018, January). (2020, December 2).
- SAMHSA: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Advisory. Complementary Health Approaches: Advising Clients About Evidence and Risks. (2015). (2020, December 2).
- NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse: Advancing Addiction Science. Publications. Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders. Support Groups. (2019, October). (2020, December 2).
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: U.S. National Library of Medicine: National Institutes of Health. The Value of Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare for Adolescent Substance Users with Comorbid Conditions. (2019, August 20). (2020, December 2).
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Substance Abuse Treatment and Family Therapy. Chapter 1 – Substance Abuse Treatment and Family Therapy. (Accessed 2020, December 2).
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. SAMHSA: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). (2020, November 23). (2020, December 3).
- Find Treatment. Treatment Options: What Happens Next? (2019, October). (2020, December 3).