Last Updated: June 3, 2020
Protected Health Information: For information on how SJRP handles your Protected Health Information, please visit Our Notice of Privacy Practices.
By reading this Notice, you will learn how we use any personal information we collect about you when using the website. This includes:
- How we collect personal information.
- How we use personal information.
- How personal information is shared.
- Additional information/personal data that we collect online.
- Your choices and controls.
- Other websites.
- Other information about personal data collection practices.
- Contact Information.
- How we collect personal information.
- Registration and Other information provided to us.
Personal Information We Collect Online
We begin collecting Personal Information from you when you register or fill out a contact form and “Send a Message” on our “Contact Us” page. Personal information includes information that is personally identifiable such as that provided on forms, surveys, applications, or in various online fields including name, telephone, e-mail address, mailing address or other information that you might voluntarily share about yourself or a loved one when you send us a message online. When you contact us through our Site requesting to be contacted you share this information with us. That way we can contact you about our services and we can be prepared to address any specific matters you reference in your message.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect personal information during the normal course of business operations in order to better serve you, our “client” or “patient,” or “customer.” Unless otherwise stated, we do not sell, trade, or give away your Personal Information – to anyone – ever! Unless otherwise stated, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties.
We may also use Personal Information:
- to respond to inquiries from you and fulfill your requests;
- to provide you with information regarding the Site or services which may be of interest to you or to inform you of changes to terms, conditions, and policies or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing materials that we believe may be of interest to you. This may include ads, offers, or unique marketing materials targeted to you;
- to personalize the experience you have on our Site;
- to verify your identity or your location, or the identity or location of your user agent or representative, in order to allow access to services, allow you to conduct online transitions, or maintain measures aimed at the prevention of fraud and the protection of security of your Personal Information;
- for data analysis, audits, the development or improvement of services, enhancement of the Site, to identify use trends and to determine the effectiveness of web pages as well as for various other business purposes; and
- for fraud detection and prevention, risk control, and to comply with local and applicable laws and regulations, as well as to comply with other legal process and law enforcement procedures and requirements.
How Personal Information is Shared
Other Information/Personal Data We Collect Online
We may collect other information Online or Personal Information that does not reveal your identity, does not directly relate to you, or is otherwise indirectly relative to you. This includes information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and various other forms of technology. Such information may include demographic information, as well as aggregate and de-identifiable data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We, and any third-party service providers that we hire, may collect and use other information in a variety of ways. This includes but is not limited to:
- Using Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device that you are using. Cookies used by SJRP do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as time spent on the Site, browser type, pages visited, the language preferences you have, or your relationship with us. The information gathered is used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while you engage on our Site with Us. Cookie data is also used to help us recognize your device and allow your use of our online products and services.
- Through your browser or device: Information is collected by most browsers and/through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MCA) address, screen resolution, device type, operating system, version, and internet browser type or internet browser version. We use this information to ensure our Site functions properly. We may also use this information for fraud detection and prevention as well as for security purposes.
In order to continually improve the design, functionality, and content on the site as well as to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, and to understand how visitors use the Site we collect statistical information about the use of the Site. This also assists us with resolving questions regarding the Site as they may arise. Cookies may also be utilized for advertising purposes.
- How to Opt-Out of Cookies: You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers have their own privacy settings for cookies. You must manage your cookie settings for each device and each browser you use. If you do not accept these cookies, you may experience inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online services. The site may not load properly or it may not display properly if you opt-out of Cookies. You may also not receive targeted advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, visit AboutCookies.org
Use of Other Technologies Including Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, and Clear GIFs: In connection with some Site pages, these may be used. This includes downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages which measure the effectiveness of our communications, track the success of our marketing campaigns, help us detect fraud and prevent fraud, compile statistics about use and response rates, and for security purposes or advertising or to assist us in resolving an account holders’ questions regarding the use of our Site.
Google Analytics: We may use “Google Analytics” a tool that collects information about the use of our Site. Google Analytics will gather information about how frequently users visit the Site, the pages they visit, where they came from and what other sites they may have visited prior to coming to Our Site or where they go after. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve the Site.
Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site. It does not collect your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through our use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged in our server log files automatically whenever a user visits the Site. This information is logged along with details regarding the time of the visit, the page(s) that were visited and the location of the visit. It is standard practice to collect IP Addresses on the internet, a practice that takes place automatically across many websites. Our use of IP Addresses is for the purpose of calculating Site use levels, to diagnose server problems, for advertising purposes, for compliance and security purposes and in administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Data: Aggregated and De-Identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to, accounts and transactions. Information such as this does not identity individual account holders but may be used for our business purposes, including but not limited to, offering products or services, for marketing research, to analyze market trends, and for other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Advertising may take place through our company managed social media presences, on other sites owned by SJRP, on mobile apps that are not affiliated with us, and offline through direct marketing. We may collect certain information on our Sites and mobile apps or through our advertising services providers using cookies, IP addresses, and various other technologies in order to understand how our advertising performs. Information collected may include number of page visits, pages viewed on our Site, referrals from search engines, extended browsing activity over time, activity across other sites following a visit to our Site and the responses to advertisements and promotions on the Site and sites or apps where we advertise.
The information described in this Notice may be used to help advertise our services in a variety of ways. This information may be used to:
- Deliver tailored advertisements to you including: banner ads and splash ads or other mobile applications, email, postal mail and telemarketing, on other sites and mobile apps that are not affiliated with SJRO, and to analyze the effectiveness of our ads, and to determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
User Choices & Controls
You may set your choices for advertising in the following ways:
- Opt-Out of Online Behavioral Advertising: You may opt-out of online behavioral advertising by emailing us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer that we not use information based on online Site behavior to provide online and offline tailored content and advertising to you.
In order for you to opt-out of online behavioral advertising from our site and other sites your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change devices, buy a new device, access our Site from other devices or sites, or change the web browser that you are using you will need to Opt-out again. If scripting is disabled from your browser, you do not need to Opt-Out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Check your browser’s security settings in order to validate whether scripting is active or disabled on your device.
Making Sure Your Information is Accurate
Accurate information is very important. If you believe your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please email or write to us at the appropriate address for changes listed on your service materials as provided by us.
Linking to Other Sites
We use security measures to comply with applicable federal and state laws to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use. Measures to protect Personal Information may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Although we follow accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during and once we receive it, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For questions or concerns about security on our Site, email us at email@example.com
Other Information About Personal Data Collection
In the event that we should go through a business transition or merger or acquisition in which another company acquires us through sale, all or a portion of our assets, including your Personally Identifiable Information will likely become transferred assets to the new entity. You will be notified via prominent notice on our Site of any such change in business ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat individuals with California addresses or telephone numbers (when disclosed to us) as if you requested us to not share your information with non-affiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with non-affiliated third parties and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by requesting that we cease calling you by contacting us directly and making such a request in writing at email@example.com Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person who is not of a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our email or physical mailing address listed below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
St. John’s Recovery Place
1125 N. Summit St.
Crescent City, FL 32112