As an innovative, state-of-the-art medical facility, St. John’s Recovery Place (SJRP) dedicates its professional healing outlets to helping those who struggle with drug and alcohol use disorders reset and rebuild their lives. Every year, St. John’s helps hundreds of clients progress along the journey towards long-lasting sobriety and healing. Localized across the sunny State of Florida, SJRP’s main treatment campus resides in Crescent City, FL, with outlying rehabilitative locations branching off from the company in Deland, Jacksonville, Melbourne, and Fort Lauderdale.
As a holistic addiction treatment center, St. John’s Recovery Place specializes in offering residents and potential clients the opportunity to engage in a plethora of full-service rehabilitative programs scientifically proven to aid in the recovery process. The company works to serve male, female, and LGBTQ+ members of the community ages 18 and older with traditional, alternative, and complementary rehab programs and opportunities. Even though every SJRP location works to support current, past, and future residents through every stage of their recovery journey, not every St. John’s site operates in the same ways. Each SJRP facility serves a specific purpose, these purposes including:
- The SJRP Crescent City, FL location: The Main Campus – Services including:
- Inpatient residential rehabilitative treatments and services
- 24/7 care for short- and long-term residency in recovery
- A variety of recovery therapies tailored to your needs and interests
- The SJRP Melbourne and Deland, FL locations: The Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Campuses – Services including:
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Intensive outpatient services
- Transitionary rehabilitative services for clients moving from detox to inpatient programs or from inpatient to outpatient recovery stages.
- The SJRP Fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville, FL locations: The Admissions Campuses – Services including:
- Answering insurance inquiries
- Addiction treatment program enrollment
- Arranging transportation to SJRP inpatient treatment campuses
- Addiction treatment preparation
Dedicated to teaching, empowering, inspiring, leading, and providing clients with opportunities to learn, give back, and rebuild in their daily lives as they work towards recovery. The SJRP vision is to present the community with a quality rehab alternative in Florida for all individuals to grow in and learn in. St. John’s prioritizes individual people and the building of familial bonds with recovery peers and treatment staff alike. Each treatment program tailors to meet the needs of individuals, ensuring guidelines for such programs update with each re-evaluation of the residents throughout their inpatient and outpatient enrollment.
Regardless of the severity, an individual’s substance abuse condition may amount to, the St. John’s Recovery Place staff and medical team are here to work alongside the client, encouraging them through every obstacle and joy the recovery process may bring them. Even when residents graduate from an SJRP program, the St. John’s team works to continue being a constant source of support in the client’s life, even well into their sobriety. The recovery process is challenging, but beginning treatment with a drug rehab in Jacksonville, FL, can prove the perfect starting point to a lifetime of new growth and healing.
What the Addiction Healing Process Consists
Not every alcohol and drug addiction treatment company or campus works in the same manner. There are recovery facilities in the North and South that service only specific community members, such as LGBTQ+ rehabs, exclusively make rehab centers, treatment facilities designed to aid children, and dedicated female recovery programs. The list can go on. St. John’s Recovery Place works to treat individuals of all backgrounds and orientations. The only form of client requirement the SJRP facility holds is that residents must be ages 18 and older to participate in recovery programs within the company.
Some rehab facilities may sport their differences in location. Florida is a more tropical and vibrant local capable of producing added benefits along the recovery journey. And rehab centers in the north providing more hiking opportunities. Not every client suffering from addiction will be able to go out-of-State for treatment, and some individuals–like those born in the Sunshine State–may wish to remain close to home during their recovery programs. Additionally, rehab centers can either be low-cost forms of treatment, mid-class rehabilitative facilities, or even luxury rehab services. Regardless of the physical amenities, location, and requirements for enrollment, each drug and alcohol rehab center operates on the same founding principles. These principles including:
- Treating addiction as the chronic, curable disease that it is
- Recognizing no singular treatment is suitable for everyone
- Making sure addiction treatment is readily available to all
- Encouraging clients to remain in treatment for an adequate period
- Including the use of behavioral, familial, peer support, and individual therapeutic practices
- Ensuring the individuals’ treatment plan and services are updated and upheld through treatment
And more. Yet, even though every rehab follows these operational guidelines, that does not mean they will always offer the same types of services. Those who enroll with SJRP are lucky enough to receive treatment from a facility that provides traditional and alternative holistic rehab services and programs. Other addiction treatment centers may only specialize in alternative or conventional therapies. Each location is subject to change the services they offer based on the personal needs of the individual company. Still, regardless of conditions or treatment additives, addiction rehab programs follow a series of stages and phases to help give the recovery process added structure. The typical design utilized in addiction treatment includes:
- Beginning treatment in medical detox for one to two weeks
- Continuing rehab services in residential treatment anywhere from three months to a year
- Transitioning into outpatient rehab services that may last for a few months to a year
- Easing into sober living
- Continuing sober living with the aid of a support group
These types of timelines often include using, if scientifically proven, traditional rehabilitative programs such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), individual counseling, neuro-integration therapy, nutrition counseling, family therapeutic sessions, support group hosting, and more. Alternative programs, like those utilized in addition to traditional services at SJRP, may include therapies that use music, art, animal interaction, exercise, and exploring new hobbies through adventure initiatives. The healing process in addiction treatment is not linear, and neither are the programs a rehab servicer may utilize. Every client is different, and thus their recovery program is subject to change based on their growing and altering needs.
Even knowing that the recovery system has the backs of past, present, and future clients may not ease a prospective resident’s nerves about enrollment. Frequently, they still have pressing questions about how they will fit into rehab, what the first day of treatment will be like and how the “getting started” in the recovery process will go. These types of intense questions often produce the most anxiety for future rehab goers. But the good news is, enrolling in rehab does not have to be as frightening as potential clients think.
What to Bring to Drug Rehab in Jacksonville – Checklist
Preparing to begin addiction rehab can prove an anxiety-producing process. Clients and their family members may start to feel overwhelmed as they try to figure out the paperwork involved with treatment enrollment, insurance incentives, how they will communicate throughout the residential stay, and what the resident will need to bring with them to rehab. It is a challenging and stressful process, but luckily, the admissions team works to make drug rehab preparation in Jacksonville an easy process.
One way the admissions team helps clients ease through the preparation phase for substance abuse treatment is by walking them through verifying and setting up their insurance. They do this to ensure their recovery programs are covered, and if they are not, allowing the client to gain additional funding for the services they are expecting to receive. Here at St. John’s Recovery Place, over thirty separate insurance providers and plans are accepted for treatment financial aid with the company, some of which include:
- United Health Care
- Beacon Health Options
- Florida Health Care Plans
- Emblem Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
And more insurance providers like Meritan Health and Coventry Health Care as well. Additionally, once insurance packages are squared away, the admission team in the SJRP Jacksonville drug rehab office will provide clients with a list of items they should prepare to bring along with them for treatment. The SJRP substance abuse treatment checklist includes items such as:
- Identification Card (I.D.) or driver’s license
- All modest, conservative, and necessary clothing and shoes for the duration of the client’s residence
- Cash, debit card, and credit card
- Health and dental insurance cards and policy information
- A list of emergency and family member phone numbers
- Additional contact information for anyone who may need to know of an individual stay in rehab (ex. A judge, probation officer, lawyer, employer, personal doctor, etc.)
- All necessary prescription medications (in original packaging) for the duration of the stay
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Conservative and modest bathing suit
- Toiletries for the duration of the stay (ex. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.) that does not contain alcohol in the first three ingredients, new and unused/unopened
- A minimum cigarette or dip supply for one week
Additionally, the admissions team will supply preparatory residents with a list of things they are not permitted to bring to drug rehab in Jacksonville and answer any other questions they or their family members may have. The admissions team can also let residents know if any additional items may be necessary to add to their packing list. Once the client arrives on intake day with their items, staff will check their paperwork and supplies to ensure everything is correct. The client will then transition from the location of the admissions building to the main campus. And for the remainder of their intake day, staff will walk through proceedings with them.
Starting rehabilitation can prove a frightening experience, capable of producing anxiety in even the most laid-back individuals. But the good news is, residents preparing for treatment are not alone. Millions of individuals have stood in the same position they have starting rehab. And many more will come after them as well. The process is challenging, but even though no two recovery journeys are alike, the similarities they share can help bridge the gap between anxiety and fear into encouragement and readiness to begin the healing process. The admissions process can prove daunting, but healing can begin once the resident moves past this phase of the recovery journey.
Attending Rehab in or Around Jacksonville, Florida
In the end, addiction is a severe condition that affects the lives of millions in the United States each year. But, as a chronic disease that has the potential to threaten life itself, it is a curable, survivable illness. Of course, recovering from a substance use disorder or addiction will prove a challenge, even for those who wrestle with milder forms of the condition. But the great news is there is still hope. And attending drug rehab in or around Jacksonville, FL, can be just the beginning of a long and happy lifestyle.
Jacksonville, Florida, a rapidly growing metropolitan area in the United States, is home to more than 850,000 year-round residents. Benefiting from its additional sunshine, tropical temperament, local exotic wildlife, and ease of human spirit, Jacksonville still suffers, like other cities, from the effects of chronic substance abuse. But, the community also works diligently to give back to those struggling with addiction, proving supportive of rehab centers like SJRP and their mission across the State and the greater nation as a whole. Jacksonville is a beautiful city that supports many natural and human manufactured supports for healing.
Addiction is challenging to live with, but there is hope for recovery, even for those who suffer from the most severe substance abuse disorders. Suppose an individual or a loved one wishes to find out more about addiction, recovery, or the admission process for drug rehabs in Jacksonville or about St. John’s Recovery Place itself. In that case, they can call 1-833-397-3422 to learn more. Recovery is challenging, but healing is possible with the SJRP staff working to support clients through their every triumph and setback!
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Home Page. (Accessed 2021, September 27).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Our Locations. (Accessed 2021, September 27).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. About Us. (Accessed 2021, September 27).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Our Addiction Treatment Programs. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- NIH: National Institue on Drug Abuse: Advancing Addiction Science. Publications. Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition).Principles of Effective Treatment. (2018, January). (2021, September 28).
- IAD: Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program. Overview of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Care Clinical Guidelines: A Resource for States Developing SUD Delivery System Reforms. (2017, April). (2021, September 28).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Recovery Therapies. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Drug & Alcohol Rehab Insurance & Payment Information. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Admissions. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Frequently Asked Questions. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: NIH: National Institutes of Health: Turning Discovery into Health. 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Have Drug Use Disorder at Some Point in Their Lives. (2015, November 18). (2021, September 28).
- COF: City of Jacksonville. About Jacksonville. (Accessed 2021, September 28).
- SJRP. St. John’s Recovery Place. Florida Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Contact Us. (Accessed 2021, September 28).